Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Alex and Ani Bracelets

Recently, there has been a high demand in the New England area for the new Alex and Ani bracelets, a jewelry line that used recycled gold and silver to produce charm bracelets. Since we've been discussing profit in class, I wanted to look further into the Alex and Ani company and it's profits over the past year.
On average, the popular charm bracelet costs $28, although there is a decent size selection of jewelry that can cost up to $58. Within the past year, and Alex and Ani store has started a new location near my hometown in Portsmouth, NH where I have purchased all of my bracelets. It has come to my attention that the gold is easily rusted off whenever they get wet, even in the slightest bit. I finally discussed this with one of my friends the other day, and she told me that her mom works at Alex and Ani, and that each bracelet that runs for $28 each, costs only $3 or less to make. The gold is painted onto each bracelet, and that's why they tend to rust so quickly.
Although this information is becoming more publicly known, the company still has a loyal group of customers that will continue to purchase Alex and Ani products, regardless of the over pricing.

No comments:

Post a Comment