Tuesday, April 30, 2013

In Response to Jonathan Tomachick

Do you find yourself doing the same when you shop? Have you ever had to cut another shopping trip short because of splurging for sale items the week prior?

I definitely find myself doing this when I'm shopping, especially at the grocery store. There are so many deals like the 2/ $5 specials at Market Basket. Even though I don't need twice the amount of food that I'm purchasing at the time, I feel like I need to buy it because of the sale. These specials trick consumers into buying more when they really don't need it.
Another store that does this is Victorias Secret. When I'm shopping online, there are constantly in-site pop ups that offer deals like "Spend over $50 and get a free beach bag!" and other promotions like this. Even though I'm aware of what's going on, I'll consider spending that extra few dollars in order to get the deal.

Do you know any other stores that use the same promotion technique as Victorias Secret does?


No comments:

Post a Comment