Tuesday, April 23, 2013

In Response to Brook Callaway

Do you think that K Mart has a clever way of keeping viewers interested in what they are trying to sell?

Personally, I think K Mart is extremely clever in advertising their products this way. The "Ship My Pants" ad campaign catches viewers attention, because clearly most of us are assuming that the people in the commercials are saying something else. Generally, I believe that K Mart has had a downfall in both popularity and customer sales, so this attention is exactly what the company needs. I haven't heard anything about K Mart for the longest time until my roommate showed me this commercial the other day. They're using humor in order to advertise the company, and specific products in general. Although in some cases humor isn't the appropriate path to take in order to promote a business, K Mart successfully pulled it off.

Has anyone seen any other commercials that have used a clever strategy to grab the viewers attention/ did it grab yours? What was it, and why did it do so?

No comments:

Post a Comment