Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Advertisements on YouTube Videos

Recently, I've been noticing more and more YouTube videos that require you to watch at least 5 seconds of an advertisement before you can watch the video you wanted. There has been a lot of discussion about how annoying these required commercials are, and how more and more videos on YouTube are starting to have them. Although they are an annoyance to many impatient viewers, like myself, I think it's a very smart way to market your company/organization. Whether it's positive or negative attention, that business is getting a potential consumer to watch their commercial for 5 seconds or longer. There are some occasions when I find myself getting hooked on some of the commercials, like upcoming movie trailers.

Has anyone else been noticing the rapid increase of commercials on most YouTube videos? Have any of them caught your attention for longer than the required 5 seconds?

No comments:

Post a Comment